Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Day 121---Thursday

This was the day I cried a lot. At the slightest little thing. The guy came out and told me that the water wasn't just in my bedroom, but in the dining room and the living room. And the estimate for pulling it all out was $1600. After many phone calls and many many people helping us out, we had a place to stay for the night. A co-worker of mine offered up her kids' rooms to us and we stayed there for the night and had pizza for dinner. I stayed up and talked to her for a couple of hours.
This is actually a Friday picture! I have another friend who has a duplex which happened to be empty. She told me that she was going to let us stay there, and that everything would be okay. She had just had a pipe burst in her house and had to do the same thing I was doing---move out of the house while the house got dried out. So this is her duplex, with our stuff in it! We called it camping with carpet.

1 comment:

Desert Songbird said...

Sheesh, your ordeal just kept getting better, huh? I'm so sorry this happened to you!