Monday, May 28, 2007

Day 146---Monday

The rain stopped for long enough this afternoon we went out to skate on my new skates. Okay, I look pretty dorky, but I had a lot of fun. I wouldn't look so funny if I didn't wear these pads everywhere. I didn't fall even once---I don't need them, right? But B looks really cute!
We went to the Wolf Pen district for our skating----it's under development now, but it's Great! It has really wide paths that have gentle rise and fall to them and the trees are tall and shady. Lots of informational signs are scattered throughout, telling about plants and such. We took the path that goes behind all those restaurants on Harvey (if you're local and know what I mean!), so we ended up at Sonic, and had a cool drink. Yum! Definitely a diversion we'll be doing again.

4 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

How fun! I'd be using the safety equipment too, even though I'm a good skater. I would rather look like a dork than have a cracked whatever! Oh, and ending up at Sonic? Great! I'll take a large strawberry limeade please...

Trish said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! Gosh, I haven't skated in years. I used to love it when I was a kid.

Anonymous said...

YOu look cute, too. YOu look very comfortable on your new skates!!

Mom

marianne said...

what fun! skates have come a long way since I was a kid - you know, the skate key kind?? lol