Friday, May 11, 2007

Day 128---Thursday

Yesterday afternoon we had thunderstorms in the area again. After all our trouble last week, I ought to be worried, but I wasn't. It didn't even rain much where we were, but I think it did out to our East. The best way to look at thunderclouds is from the side---not from underneath! So I got some really cool shots as I drove J to his stuff last night and went grocery shopping. This first shot is from the Kroger parking lot. I just love all the shades of white and gray on this cloud.
When I got back to the house, unloading all the groceries, I saw this out my front door as I went back for all the bags. Aha! A sign that God will never flood the whole Earth again. Maybe I can take this as a personal promise not to flood my house again.
Anytime I see a rainbow I try to get a picture! ;-)

6 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

Not flooding the house again? That would definitely be a good thing.

We rarely see rainbows here in the desert (duh! very little rain!), so I think photographing them is a good thing.

Desert Songbird said...

D'oh! I forgot to mention, I really, really like the cloud shot. Again, clouds are not something we see often in the hot months, so this is an incredible sight.

Clockworkchris said...

great rainbow picture. I'm still looking for your feast. :)

Trish said...

Wow, those are gorgeous pictures! I'm especially loving the clouds!

marianne said...

beautiful photos!!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Great shots! I love rainbows and always do the same thing, try to get my camera and take a picture of every single one if I can :)