Monday, April 30, 2007

Day 116---Saturday---green in Texas

I totally changed my plans last-minute and went to my parents' house with J Saturday morning. B and Larry had plans, so they stayed at home. These were some of the green things I saw along the way . . .
Whenever I was traveling back and forth between college and "home," this was the first sign I was getting close. Mom and Dad live in Granbury. This sign is just outside Meridian, TX.

I count this as green because of the signs, they're green, but the scenery is also very green this time of year. The flowers were just gorgeous! In my part of the world, the bluebonnets are fading, but just this some 100 miles north, they were still looking good.



These were some longhorn cattle right close to my parents' house. We are not U of Texas fans AT ALL, but this hearty breed of cattle is out Texas state mammal.


I feel like I'm cheating on this one----the real subject is not the green, but the brown,white and black animals.



This was one I thought had to be pretty old because the horns are long---but I really know nothing about livestock. My hubby might enlighten me!



I didn't realize it at the time, with my small little screen, but the focus was in the wire fence instead of the cows! Aren't the horns amazing?

2 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

Those are some big ol' horns there! Wow!

Nice country drive, missy. Thanks for taking us along.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, look at all of the great pictures! Loved all of these, and love seeing the cattle. That's defininitely one thing I think of when I think of Texas :)