Saturday, June 2, 2007

Day 150---Friday

I was making cookies today. J and Larry are going to the Ovies tomorrow---the awards for J's troupe group. It is a fundraiser for their TNT conference next week, so tickets cost money and B and I aren't going. I am contributing to the event by baking cookies with musical theme and also stars. I love to see cookies all in a row!
This is an excellent sugar cookie recipe:
1 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking soda
3 cups flour
Cream sugar and butter. Add in egg and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add in baking powder and one cup of flour. Beat until mixed well, and add in the rest of the flour one cup at a time.
No need to chill the dough!
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. roll out dough and cut into shapes. Bake for 7-9 minutes, depending on the size of your cookies.
This cookie cutter is from my Grandmother J.'s house. I think it was hers, but my Mom has one just like it. So maybe I have Mom's? Anyway, I like this cookie cutter because it reminds me of Christmas in Memphis when I was a little girl. Mom would make sugar cookies with these red cutters----treble clef, angel, reindeer. The smell makes me happy!

5 comments:

Trish said...

Those look great!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Yummy, love the shapes and designs with those neat cookie cutters :)

Southern Girl said...

Oh, those look scrumptious! I'm going to have to save that recipe. My dad loves sugar cookies best of all. Maybe I'll make him some for Father's Day. :)

Anonymous said...

When are you going to make those faces again. I always liked those that you created in those younger years. I bet B and J would like that, too.
Mom

Desert Songbird said...

Our family recipe requires chilling, and then it's so labor intensive, I hate making them! I'll have to try yours.