Sunday, July 29, 2007

Day 206---Friday

These are two of the best shots I took on Friday when we visited the Capitol building in Austin. One outside, one inside! We checked B into the State Meet for her shot putting, and then checked into the hotel, and went on to the Capitol building for sightseeing.

This is inside the dome, I think from the 3rd or 4th floor. B was fascinated by the thought that you could go up into the dome, above this part. We had seen a cutaway view in the visitor's center. This inner dome doesn't go all the way up to the dome you see when looking at the outside of the building. When we spotted the spiral staircase going up, I had to take a picture of it. No visitors allowed!

2 comments:

a said...

I absolutely love the second shot!! It's really intriguing...

Trish said...

These are great! Like Melissa, I'm loving the one of the architecture!