Friday, May 2, 2008

May Photo 1

I was in the yard taking pictures of some baby birds (who didn't have the sense to run away form me or the dog! So I got really close to them), and I got this really good one of a squirrel on the fence. Look at the focus on him and not on the background! Auto setting worked great this time.



Here are the other ones I took. These were all using my zoom, and then I cropped them, so it looks even closer. The blue jay was feeding his/her babies---stuffing stuff right in their mouths! Look how big they are and still depending on parents. But their baby feathers are still there, and like I said, they didn't know to run away---and they couldn't really fly much.





I had to go look up some info about the Jays---their sexes look alike, and their eggs are very similar to the ones I found and posted about in April photo 13.

Happy Birthday, Mom!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jenny!!!

Desert Songbird said...

Great nature shots, Jenny - and in your own backyard!

Debbie B said...

These photos are great!!! I love watching the birds.